Thursday, September 13, 2012

Choose Your Life

I remember listening to this conference talk in 2008 ~ I was sitting on the couch listening, but feeling overwhelmed and like my life was out of control.  Sister Lant then said "Are we consciously creating righteous traditions, or is life just happening to us?" and I felt like I'd been smacked in the face and there appeared a lightbulb over my head and I said "Yes!  My life is just happening to me!!!  So, what do I do!?!?  Help me!" and I eagerly listened to the rest of her talk and had my mission impossible to complete for the next 6 months: Make righteous traditions, Don't let life "just happen"!


I'm feeling the same way again right now, I gotta take life by the horns!  I feel like "Living Life On Purpose" is my mission in life that I never quite get figured out - what traditions should we have as a family and me individually, what traditions are worthy and good and ones that we are choosing other than ones that the world tells me I should have but that in reality have little meaning or hold little value for me.  So that's where my brain is at today and what I'm thinking about, I want to live life on purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...