Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Be The Rock

I listened to a conference talk today on my way to the store, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Elder Richard J. Maynes October 2013 talk titled "The Strength to Endure". Some of the things he said that I loved (for my own reference, this is also written on page 109 of my pink study journal)

As we face trials, it is important to remember that the spiritual strength we develop will help us successfully endure all the challenges we face in life. (Which is why it's so important to read the scriptures daily - to develop spiritual strength)

So I can tell that Corey is really struggling and has heavy burdens. I don't know what I can do to help except pray for him. We must press forward in Christ - 2 Nephi 31:20

"Our ability to endure to the end in righteousness will be in direct proportion to the strength of our testimony and the depth of our conversion"

We can't get in shape to play basket ball by watching basketball games on tv - and we cannot keep our testimonies in shape just by watching general conference. We need to study, learn and apply the fundamental principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ, then DO our very best to live them.

We face challenges everyday, we must work on spiritual stamina every day.

As we develop spiritual stamina, falst traditions of the world and our personal daily challenges will have little negative impact on our mood, attitude, happiness, and ability to endure in righteousness.

"This is what the gospel give us - not immunity from death and problems, but victory over them." - Anthony W. Ivins.

"You must become the rock the river cannot wash away."


No matter what life throws at us with problems and wonder and worry, we can choose happiness - it is a choice we must make daily. I need to be a rock that the problems of life can't push around!

Mosiah 24:14 - I the Lord God do visit my people in their afflictions.

Mosiah 24:!5 - And now it came to pass that the burdens which we laid upon (Corey) and his (family) were made light, yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could brea up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully adn with patience to allt he will of the Lord.

That's probably the biggest miracle - to submit to trials with a good attitude, cheerfully even! - that's probably the biggest miracle of all.

2 Tim 1:8 - be thou parktaker of the afflictionf of the gospel according to the power of God.

2 Tim 2:3 - Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Be the rock the river cannot wash away. Don't let bad behavior of kids or the difficulty of life's circumstances (money) make me have bad behavior. I must be gentle and patient and teach by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...