Monday, May 21, 2012

5 Levels of Conversion

Bob Egan is one of our Sunday School teachers right now.  He began mission service as the mission president in South Africa about 6 years ago (pretty sure, I think they were there from 2006-2009).  Anyway, in class last week he said that they taught their missionaries that there are 5 levels of conversion.  These are the different levels of things that people are converted to:

1) People - someone could be converted because of the missionaries that taught them, or a friend who is a member.

2) Church - Someone who is converted to the Church because they enjoy the social aspects of the church and recognize how it will bless them and how they can bless others.

3) Gospel - People who are converted to the teachings of the gospel.

4) Christ - To be converted to Christ, to love the church and the gospel because they know it teaches of Christ and they love Christ.

5) Atonement - to know that the ultimate blessing of the gospel can be theirs, that they can be perfected through the atonement of Christ. (Moroni 10:32)

I think I'm on the 4th level right now, and I've only recently arrived at this level and am striving to make it stronger.  I'm glad that I did recognize on my own before this lesson that I need and want to know Christ better, and I want to gain a better understanding of, appreciation for, and testimony of the atonement of Christ.  I did begin to read the book Gethsemane and had some wonderful insights as I read it.  Didn't finish it, but I will.  I know Christ lives.  It's not some make believe story like Harry Potter or Star Wars, it's the real thing, it truly is a story of a chosen one, of a miracle birth and a man who would change the world.  Jesus is the Christ.  I know he lives and will come to earth again.  Let us build up Zion so we can be prepared as individuals and as a society to receive Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...