Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Heart, Soul, and Mind

This is a wonderful talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell -



I've had to listen to this talk several times to get it all - I think I still have about 28 times to go.  But here are my favorite parts from the first 2 goes at it:

The conscientious among us experience divine discontent because of progression mixed with procrastination. Hence, loving counsel is given with the confirmation of this direction, encouragement to continue the journey, and consolation as we experience individually the inherent degrees of difficulty.Spiritual submissiveness is not accomplished in an instant, but by the incremental improvements and by the successive use of stepping-stones. Stepping-stones are meant to be taken one at a time anyway. Eventually our wills can be “swallowed up in the will of the Father” as we are “willing to submit … even as a child doth submit to his father” (see Mosiah 15:7; Mosiah 3:19). 

I think the "stepping stones" he mentioned are like the different levels of conversion I mentioned in the post yesterday.  I don't need to feel bad for the level I'm at, cause they are meant to be taken one at a time anyway.  As I keep seeing and praying diligently, eventually my will will be swallowed up in the will of the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...