Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Only Trust In God

The following quote was cited on page 232 of "The Second Comforter" - I thought it was a beautiful and profound quote. 
“Do not, brethren, put your trust in a man though he be a bishop, an apostle, or a president.  If you do, they will fail you at some time or place; they will do wrong or seem to, and your support be gone, but if we lean on God, He never will fail us.  When men and women depend on God alone and trust in Him alone, their faith will not be shaken if the highest  in the Church should step aside.  They could still see that He is just and true, that truth is lovely in His sight and the pure in heart are dear to Him.”

- George Q. Cannon - "Gospel Truth: Discourses and Writings of President George Q. Cannon." 1957 p. 249.

I believe in the prophet Joseph Smith because I believe in God and that He chose him.  The Spirit has testified to me of that truth.  Because I know that, I also know that the Church he restored and the Book of Mormon are true also, for God would not give a true book to a false prophet.  I follow the modern prophet Thomas S. Monson because I feel the spirit testify to me and inspire me when I hear him speak.  All who listen to him can receive the same witness.  The Holy Ghost from God lets me know I can trust in these words, for they are HIS words.  I trust God.  I don't follow because I am blind, I follow because I can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...