Monday, June 17, 2013

Receiving

I've been enjoying our summer schedule so far.  From 11:00 - 12:00 it is quiet time for the kids and they read, and I get to listen to the BYU Devotional.  It's a great way for me to get an hour of pondering and study done while sitting and listening or doing some chores around the kitchen.  This was the devotional today - "Receiving" by Kent Jackson, originally given June 28, 2011 ~


I liked it and think I'll use it for our Family Home Evening lesson tonight, cause it goes right along with where we are in our scripture reading.  We just read Mosiah 12 last night and in verses 31-33 Abinadi asks King Noah's priest whereby salvation cometh - by the law or Moses or by keeping the commandments?  After Abinadi asked that I paused and asked the kids the same question and got to point out to them that even if we did keep all the commandments, we still could not heal ourselves, resurrect ourselves or give ourselves anything but by God's help.  It's not a bad thing, how blessed we are to be in debt to a good and kind God for all that we have and are!  Great talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...