Friday, November 22, 2013

Keeping A Record

A wonderful devotional by Amy Petersen Jensen was rebroadcast this week, titled "A Some Hopeful Words on Media and Agency". This quote from her speech sums up why I used to love to scrapbook and why I now blog:


When I was about to be married, my BYU stake president gave me some very good advice: He told me to take pictures and document my life and my marriage and my family. He explained that this would benefit my children, because they would see that my husband and I existed before they were born, that we loved each other, and that important things happened that they didn’t necessarily remember. He said that a record of our life through pictures would give our children a sense of eternity, because they would have evidence of good, happy, and worthy things beyond their own experiences.

How are you keeping records of the good, happy, and worthy things in your life?

Watch her talk below, wonderful words...


I also loved her thoughts about how we divide our souls by dividing our attention (see 9:13). Perhaps that is one of the reasons that Christ's name is I AM - he is always fully present in the current moment. If we strive to be fully present like Him, that will help us follow his example and become more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...