Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Is It the Holy Ghost?

Corey's dad shared this talk with us today over email. I listened to it in the car on my way to Momentum with all my boys in the car (well, except Hyrum on his mission). We all really liked it. 

I directed the discussion on Sunday in our Sunday School class, and for the past 24 hours I've been "worrying" about it - just over thinking it and analyzing in my head peoples comments or lack thereof or their facial expressions and stuff like that, wondering how things I shared might have been interpreted. I never feel fully prepared or organized, but I do try to just go forward with faith. I do my best to show up and open my mouth and strive to pray for the spirit to direct the discussion. Sometimes afterwards I doubt and question what I felt prompted in the moment to say. But according to elder Bednar, if I'm being a good girl and keeping the commandments, I can trust that the Lord will use me and I don't need to worry about it! It is HIS WORK! It's ok, stop worrying about it.

I also loved something a friend Elasha shared over text a few weeks ago (Nov 28 to be exact):
E - You and Corey did such nice jobs on your talks yesterday <3
Me - Thank you! I always wish I'd some things better of a few parts differently but hopefully everyone heard something helpful. 
E - I think the spirit usually conveys the message each person needs to hear, which takes some pressure off. And then who you are and what you believe comes through no matter what you say.
Me - Beautifully said!
E - We were talking at dinner yesterday about being grateful for our trials as well as our blessings. Definitely a good perspective to have. Thank you for bringing that into focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...