Monday, March 26, 2012

Looking For The Good


I am so excited for General Conference this weekend! I'm excited for all the speakers and praying for them, so looking forward to hearing the words that Jesus Christ has inspired his servants to share with us. Lots of people may think that Christians have a doom and gloom outlook on the world, with an Armageddon mentality. I admit that sometimes I do let fear get to me with images and thoughts of how terribly wicked the world is. But then I'll turn on BYUtv, or I'll read the scriptures, or watch the 11 o'clock devotional on kbyu, and I will think "It's okay to live in a bubble, it's my happy bubble, and it's real. I really am happy! It's my corner of heaven." Then instead of feeling despair and fear, I will feel so happy and lucky and amazed that I am alive at this time! It is a wonderful time to be alive, can you believe it!? We are on the earth before the return of Jesus Christ! We are the ones who are building Zion! Whenever I say "Zion" I feel like I'm the little girl the Church movies playing a young pioneer who wants to go to Zion. But I've believed it in faith my whole life, and I'm really starting to believe it for real, that it's not just a story, it's true and it applies to me and how I live. I can have a heart like HIS, I can be full of love, hope, and charity! I can be happy and see the GOOD in the world. I think it is Satan that wants us to focus on all the havoc he is making. Christ tells us to not fear, to be of good cheer, to have hope, and he will give us peace.

Modern Prophets and Apostles will speak to us THIS WEEKEND!! What will they say? "Ok, we've done pretty good, and now it's over, the end is near, so head for the hills!" I think it will be more along the lines of what they've said in past Conference Talks.

Or, they also speak to us each month in the Ensign Magazine. Let's see if there's any "hellfire and damnation" in the messages over this past year:

March 2011 - Looking for the Good
April 2011 - He Is Not Here, But Is Risen
May 2011 - All these talks were amazing, a favorite: Desire
June 2011 - The Blessings Of Tithing
July 2011 - Brother, I'm Committed
August 2011 - Love At Home
September 2011 - General Conference, No Ordinary Blessing
October 2011 - Precious Promises of the Book of Mormon
November 2011 - Again, all wonderful talks
December 2011 - The Choice to Be Grateful
January 2012 - Living The Abundant Life
February 2012 - Exhort Them To Pray
March 2012 - Why Do We Need Prophets?

I am positive that it will be more of the same, uplifting and inspiring words full of hope, good works, and joy. Come and see and hear and feel and know for yourself ~ it is all good, and it is of God. "By their fruits ye shall know them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...