Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Triumph Of Zion

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it is:

1) Read Through His Eyes by Virginia H. Pearce

2) Read A Heart Like His by Virginia H. Pearce.

And then...


3) Read Triumph of Zion

I'm not done with this yet. I'm just ordered this one so I can mark it and write notes in it - I just picked this one up at the library cause I've just been thinking a ton about Zion for some reason, and guess what? Did you know that it is our responsibility to build Zion? Do we really understand what that means? In the 10th Article of Faith, we members of the church have recited since our Primary days that we believe Zion, the New Jerusalem, will be built upon the American continent. But, before Zion can be built physically, it has to be built spiritually, right? That basically means that we have to be so righteous, so full of love and the spirit, so much like our Savior, that we're worthy to live in his presence. Basically we have to be worthy to be translated! Do we really believe that? We have faith that it is true, but do we believe that has any affect in our personal daily lives? Can you imagine that? That is really what we are trying to do in these last days!!!! Am I making sense? To quote Salman Khan, if that "does not blow your mind, then you have no emotion." (See 1:01-1:06) If you don't get what I'm talking about then lets go back... start with #1 above, then #2, then we should be on the same page and you can go to #3 cause this will blow your mind.

Please come back here and email me or chat with me in person, cause if you have started to think along these lines, we gotta talk cause this is just awesome. You MUST read this book. It is awesome. Holy shmoley, deep thoughts and very amazingly profound and wow, I love it!! What an AMAZING TIME TO BE ALIVE!!

I'll talk about this book more after I'm done reading it. If you want to explore it with me, grab a copy and let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...