Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"The Translation Experience"

I'm slowly slooowly digesting The Triumph of Zion. Finally got my book in the mail - it was MIA in USPS for a week but finally got that resolved and now I've got my pencil in hand and am reading it nice and slow.

And I'm now on page 17, and just listen to this!....

(This is from President Kimball in an Ensign article from 1973 titled "The Family Influence"... about 2/3rds of the way down)

O my beloved hearers, what a world it would be if a million families in this church were to be on their knees like this every night and morning! And what a world it would be if nearly a hundred million families in this great land and other hundreds in other lands were praying for their sons and daughters twice daily. And what a world this would be if a billion families through the world were in home evenings and church activity and were on their physical knees pouring out their souls for their children, their families, their leaders, their governments! ~ This kind of family life could bring us back toward the translation experience of righteous Enoch. The millennium would be ushered in.

Is it just me, or does it appear there that President Kimball just told us how to be translated? (I think he did!!!) Hello, blow my mind. This isn't just something we read about in the scriptures that happened to ancient prophets and people, this is something that needs to happen before Christ comes again. It needs to happen in our day. This is our privilege and responsibility!!! And it all centers around family and prayer.

Last night the kids and I wrote down the steps from his quote above

1) Pray every morning and night
2) Pray for your children twice daily
3) Family Home Evening
4) Family Church Activity
5) Be on your physical knees POURING OUT YOUR SOULS for your children, families, leaders, and governments

I think the key there is learning how to pour out our souls to God. I've done that occasionally, but not regularly. I think that is the first part of these steps that I shall work on and study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...