Friday, June 1, 2012

Awake and Arise!

The Triumph of Zion is such a good book and has given me a lot to ponder in my mind.  I'd love for someone else to read it and discuss it with me!  Any takers?  Please, it is so profound ~ For example, from page 171:

As an organization, the Church will not begin to build the actual cities of Zion until the Lord instructs His prophet to do so.  It is improbable that the Lord will instruct His prophet to build a city until a city-sized group of people are worthy to enter it.  Thus, building Zion, it if is hindered in our day, would be because it is high centered upon our own unbelief, not upon some theological or ecclesiastical misstep of the church.

In that light, it seems quite astonishing but true that the Church has, for the moment, reached it's full potential regarding Zion.  What remains to be done is for a million members to awaken and claim the blessings being offered.  That isn't something the Church can control or even influence more profoundly than it presently is.  When we are ready and sanctified, then the Church will have something more to do regarding Zion. 

The next few pages have more insights that are deep and profound.  This cause, the Building of Zion, the City of the Living God, is our mission in our day!  This is what we have been called to do!  We have to become worthy to receive the City of Enoch, a city of translated individuals - meaning we have to be on equal standing with them (or worthy of the gift of translations!) and - Christ cannot return until Zion exists to receive Him.  So we could, through our slothfulness or ignorance, be delaying the Second coming.  It is time for us to awake and arise!  I think many of us are.  I love the Young Women and Young Men theme this year "Arise and Shine Forth - that thy light may be a standard for the nations"

From President Hinckley ~
"I need not remind you that this cause in which we are engaged is not an ordinary cause.  It is the cause of Christ.  It is the kingdom of God our Eternal Father.  It is the building of Zion on the earth, the fulfillment of prophecy given of old and of a vision revealed in this dispensation"

This is serious stuff, the most important thing, the big climax to the whole history of the earth!  And we're the ones for the job!  Awake and arise!

4 comments:

  1. Since you are searching for further light and knowledge, I would recommend a couple things, however, this is just my opinion and you can discard it right away. First counsel is to always, always seek the confirmation of the Spirit to receive any kind of source of information. Many times, you will see pieces of truth mingle with or without scripture, we are surrounded by this everywhere. However, the Spirit will guide you the more you ponder and pray to Heavenly Father. Seek from the source!
    Second, in order to receive light and knowledge, the Lord requires that we are ready and willing to accept anything that comes from Him, however weird or against what we believed it was true it is. For example, the people of Israel in times of Moses rejected the fullness of the gospel and the Lord took the highest priesthood from them and left the aaronic priesthood (D&C 84:19-27). Do you think they knew that they didn't have the fullness? I'm not sure. They probably thought they had all there was in order to be saved. Likewise, we should ask ourselves if we have all we need in order to be saved...

    I suggest you read a few things: Denver Snuffer's books and Avraham Gileadi's books.

    Here is Denver's blog: http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/

    Feel welcome to ask any questions...by the way, I have read "The Triumph of Zion" and "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence"...that's kind of why I decided to write this comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel - been looking through Denver's blog and listened to an interview with him - since he has a few different book, let me know if there is one that you recommend I should start with

      Delete
  2. His first book, "The Second Comforter: Conversing with the Lord through the Veil" is probably the best to read first, since all his other books are somehow based on this doctrine, now almost forgotten, that we can and should enter into the presence of the Lord while in the flesh, in order to be taught the necessary things for salvation. I've read all his books and love them all. The last one, "Passing the Heavenly Gift" was the most eye opening to me, however, I have to say that while I was reading it at the time (almost two years ago now), I just wanted to throw a rock at him (figuratively), until I prayed with all my heart and then received a great answer from the Lord. Anyways, don't wanna bore you...hehe. After all this time, I've come to think that Denver has been actually pretty gentle with his words.

    I guess that's good for now...if you have any other questions let me know through e-mail, cause this time it was a friend of mine who told me that you had responded, otherwise I wouldn't have known. My e-mail is on my profile and webpage...

    Good luck!
    God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again, thanks to your friend too. I did order "The Second comforter" and "Ten Parables" in November, finished the Ten parables but and am still reading the Second Comforter, I love it, thanks so much for your recommendation. I think next I'll get Nephi's Isaiah and Passing the Heavenly Gift. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...