Thursday, November 6, 2014

Into The Burn

Going through more papers and clearing off my desk. I l listened to this talk by Val Anderson on Sep 6, 2013. It was originally given 21 June 2011 - "Into the Burn" - aweome talk!

Here are my random notes - meaning what the speaker said and my thoughts all mixed together in a jumble:

  • Learn by doing
  • Learn by observation, see others' mistakes
  • Learn by obedience - cow poo all over him (funny story)
  • "Into the Burn" - standing and roaring at a bear.
  • Knowing in advance who you should listen to, ideas that seem very odd and counter intuitive.
  • How do I know who to Trust and Follow? Followed counsel gives us knowledge and experience to know if it's a trusted leader and voice.
  • "Still voiced counsel".
  • What has the Lord commanded me? 1 Nephi 3:7 - to obey is better than sacrifice. Saul did what he thought was best rather than waht the Lord commanded.
  • "When the prophet speaks, the debate is over." Our faith must be tested individually. "He that seeketh me early shall find me and not be forsaken."
  • Polygamy manifesto.
  • Know in advance WHO YOU TRUST and who you will follow
  • "Into the Burn" - our obedience will define our faith and our standing in the life to come."
  • He could not have asked to be an engineer (aka his dream job) cause at that time he had no idea that such a thing existed. He learned about engineers as he served a mission in Finland
  • We trust Him and what He says
  • We know he has the power to keep his promises.
  • Faith leads to action
  • D&C 45:56-57 - And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins. For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...