Friday, November 7, 2014

I Love Being A Mother

I was just checking in on Stephanie's blog for this week and want to copy this whole post for myself - and say my amen. I'm grateful for the righteous example of beautiful and happy mothers like Stephanie Nielsen.

Mothers are not wimps.

Sometimes I feel like the world is teaching women that motherhood 
is a lot of things that it is not.
In social media and the political world, and even in our own neighborhoods
we are being taught that to be a mother we need to
feel scared to raise teenagers or to be frazzled about toddlers,  
or exhausted about the midnight feedings.
I have heard mothers complain that pregnancy and delivery are too scary 
and they don't even want to have children.  
And mostly that if we are happy mothers--we are not normal.
Ladies, we are not wimps.
Don't let anyone tell you so. 
While I will admit motherhood, at times, are those things I mentioned above, 
 it is also and mostly satisfying, rewarding, happy, colorful, 
beautiful and so much fun.
Motherhood is natural.  WE know what we are doing.  
Deep within us we are born with a maternal instinct and we
carry traits of honesty, faith in God, duty, respect for others,
 kindness, self-confidence, and the desire to contribute, 
and teach love to our children’s minds and hearts.
We are kind and soft and brave and powerful.

I realize that motherhood comes easier and maybe more natural to others,
But it is still our divine purpose, and our right as a woman.
 I am sticking by that.
I am on your side, and if you need to change your babies diaper in the trunk
of your car in the grocery store parking lot,
I won't judge.  You are have an ally in me.

"Mothers, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. 
Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be
 magnified, compensated, made more than you are, better than you are, 
and better than you have ever been. You are doing terrifically well. 
The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is 
everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. 
He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days
 and your nights may be the most challenging. Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...