Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Spiritual Crocodiles

We listened to this talk last night for Family Home Evening with our kids - I'd heard the shortened version of this parable in seminary and institute when I was younger, but hadn't listened to this full talk before.  Corey and I and the kids all really enjoyed it.



I thought it was interesting and also, considering the analogy, symbolic that the crocodiles were always around water.  I think that Satan is always lurking around the church and trying to take down anyone who comes to the gospel for living water. 

It seems almost to be against our natures to accept much guidance from others. But there are times when, regardless of how much we think we know or how much we think we want to do something, that our very existence depends on paying attention to the guides.

Listen to the prophets.  I know Elder Packer is a prophet of God, and I know that he is a good man.  He is one of the inspired leaders sent to us in these last days to guide us to safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...