Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Broken Heart


I love Elder Hafen's Conference address "The Atonement, All for All" and in my continued quest to understand the Atonement better, I requested this book above and it was on hold for me at the Library (my first time ever holding a book, go me!) and I just got it and started it, eventhough I've still got 1, 2, 3... 4 other books that I've started and haven't finished yet. I've got a book in each room so I can read wherever I am! :)

But this one looks good. I feel like my life is so easy, how can I apply the Atonement when everything is smooth sailing and I'm not being steamrolled by trials? Part of me feels like I need to be brought to my knees with urgency and intensity, but I'm trying even though there's nothing urgent in my life, of course I try to make sure I don't let anything become a Problem, cause if I have faith, then we trust the Lord in our problem-ish situations, right? I've got some little challenges, but nothing like the trials I see so many other's endure. For example, we watched 17 Miracles last night, wow - poor, homeless, starving, tired, exhausted, what more could they give?



I hope I can come to know the Savior in my life, even if I'm not in such extremities as they were. I know Christ lives and He loves me, I know I will live again because He lives and was resurrected for us all. He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free, while God is marching on ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...