Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wet His Feet With My Tears

I love this talk by Elder Bruce R. McConkie - what an amazing and powerful testimony of Christ:


And now, as pertaining to this perfect atonement, wrought by the shedding of the blood of God—I testify that it took place in Gethsemane and at Golgotha, and as pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that he is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person.

I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears.

But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way.

God grant that all of us may walk in the light as God our Father is in the light so that, according to the promises, the blood of Jesus Christ his Son will cleanse us from all sin.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

As we read scriptures last night, I asked the kids how they would feel if they met the Savior.  They all said they'd feel okay, like there is no unrepentant sin that they have that would be pricking their conscience.  I told them that was good, and they're doing great.  But, I believe, as we truly come to understand what Christ has done for us, we will be in tears too, tears of thankfulness for His great gift to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...