Saturday, August 18, 2012

No Respecter of Persons

“God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34–35; see also Romans 2:11; D&C 1:35; 38:16).

I listened to this talk on our drive home from Moab on Thursday and I loved it, cause it is beautifully and harmoniously along the lines of the message in the book by John Pontius "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence"~



- there are amazing blessings in store - and they are available until ALL!  ALL who will desire them and are willing to come, and Christ has commanded to come unto Him!  I feel like I've heard these things all my life but my heart if just now starting to open up to begin to understand them. It's all real, it is all true ~ I believe in Christ, I know He lives!

Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments; … The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, … … That every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world; That faith also might increase in the earth; That mine everlasting covenant might be established; That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers. Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding” (D&C 1:17, 19–24).

I believe it with all my heart and pray that my testimony that I share in weakness may help me, my children and family, and others to be strong in Christ.  We can even become perfect in Him (Moroni 10:32), which is the greatest gift and miracle of all, I'm so thankful for Christ's Atonement, thank you Lord for your love and great gift to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...